Syracuse University Press is participating in Path to Open, a groundbreaking collaboration between university presses, libraries and JSTOR, to promote sustainable open-access publishing of high-quality scholarly eBooks and increase meaningful engagement with them. Through the program, Syracuse University Press will…
2011 Orange Circle Award Nominations
The Awards Committee of the Alumni Association Board of Directors is now seeking nominations for the 2011 Orange Circle Award. Nominations for the awards can be submitted via the Alumni Relations website at:
Introduced in 2009, the Orange Circle Award recognizes altruistic members of the Syracuse University community who have done extraordinary things in the service of others. The Orange Circle Award honors individuals who go above and beyond in their daily lives and who possess a deep responsibility for extraordinary philanthropic acts. These are not limited to financial support, but also include volunteerism-those acts that better society through contributions of time and talent. All Syracuse University alumni, faculty, staff, administration, students, and student organizations are eligible to nominate individuals or groups they feel are worthy recipients of the Orange Circle Award.
Orange Circle nominees must exemplify the following qualities and characteristics:
• They must be affiliated in some way with Syracuse University, but not necessarily be students or alumni. Members of the SU faculty and staff are also eligible; however, students and alumni will comprise at least two-thirds of Orange Circle winners.
• They must exhibit the best qualities of Orange spirit–the willingness to work hard, a concern for others and a desire to change the lives of others for the better.
• They must have an outstanding record of service and philanthropy to their cause. This service may or may not be in the form of financial support; contributions of time and/or talent are also valuable forms of philanthropy.
• They must, through their actions, display a commitment to Chancellor Cantor’s mission of Scholarship in Action by helping to incite change in the world around them.
• They must have a history of dedication and service to Syracuse University.
• An official nomination from a member of the SU community (NO self-nominations will be accepted).
To review the 2009 and 2010 Orange Circle Award recipients go to: http://www.syr.edu/alumni/awards1.html.
The Award will be given out as part of the Orange Central Bash, which will take place Friday, Nov. 11, at 5:30 p.m. in the Goldstein Auditorium, Schine Student Center.
If you have any questions regarding the nomination process, please call Monique Frost at 443-3408 or e-mail email@example.com.
Contact Person: Monique Frost