Ransomware attacks have been in the news lately, including an attack over the Fourth of July weekend that impacted up to 1,500 organizations. In this edition of “ITS In-Depth,” we speak with Syracuse University Chief Information Security Officer Chris Croad…
SU’s Class of 2011 senior class marshals
Senior class marshals Justin Michael Cole and Katherine L. Lewinski will carry the Class of 2011 banner to open Syracuse University’s 157th Commencement ceremony on Sunday, May 15, and continue a longstanding tradition by representing their class on this special occasion.
Cole, of Watertown, N.Y., is a policy studies, economics and political science triple major in The College of Arts and Sciences. Lewinski, of Cumberland, R.I., is a double major in international relations and policy studies in The College of Arts and Sciences.
Senior class marshals—among the most prestigious honors at SU—serve as the all-University student representatives for graduation and lead the Commencement procession onto the floor of the Dome. Senior class marshals are distinguished individuals who have excelled during their time at SU and who exemplify the spirit of the senior class. The criteria used to determine qualified nominees include scholarship, academic honors, student organization involvement, campus service and community service. An essay and a copy of an official SU transcript are also required.
Marshals for each of the University’s schools and colleges have also been selected to lead the procession of graduates from each school or college into the Commencement ceremony. Selected for distinguished achievement in scholarship, leadership, service and collegiality, the 2011 marshals are:
School of Architecture
- Nilus Klingel, an architecture major;
- Katharine Yolanda Masciocchi, an architecture major.
The College of Arts and Sciences
- Nemal S. Gobalasingham, a chemistry and chemical engineering double major;
- Teresa M. Soldner, a chemistry, international relations and Middle Eastern studies triple major;
- Na’Tasha J. Webb-Prather, a political science and African American studies double major.
Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- Sadie Mae Davis, a public relations and international relations double major.
School of Education
- Samantha Clark, an inclusive elementary education major;
- Alexandria Marsters, an English textual studies, and secondary education double major.
L.C. Smith College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Jenna Marie Priola, a bioengineering major;
- Marieke C. Sparrow-Pepin, a civil engineering major.
SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Daniel Liwicki, an environmental resource engineering major;
- Jamie Lyons, a conservation biology major.
- Corrie B. Burdick of the School of Education.
College of Human Ecology
- Maria Cannavo, a psychology and child & family studies double major;
- Ashley Marie Robbins, a sport management major.
School of Information Studies
- Karl Doll, an information management & technology major;
- David Harold Rosen, a finance and information & technology double major.
College of Law
- Steven Goodstadt
Martin J. Whitman School of Management
- Kevin Michael Hirst, a marketing management and television-radio-film double major;
- Jessica L. Law, a marketing management and public relations double major.
S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications
- Danielle A. Birenberg, an advertising and marketing management double major;
- John Harland Giammatteo, a magazine journalism and anthropology double major.
- Kathleen Lilly Leavens, an organizational leadership major.
College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Temerity Beth Matthews, an illustration major;
- Terrance D. Smith, a communication & rhetorical studies major.
For full information on SU’s Commencement weekend, visit http://commencement.syr.edu.