What catches your eye on the Syracuse University campus—a beautiful sunset over campus, a cool class project or time spent on the Shaw Quad? Take a photo and share it with us. We select photos from a variety of sources….
Global Panel Foundation, Prague Society host roundtable with Maxwell School
Global Panel Foundation and the Prague Society, in partnership with the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, are hosting a public policy roundtable and global panel board meeting in Syracuse. This is a continuation of the Transatlantic Drift Debates, which is a series of off-line discussions, with the intention to brief governments on the outcome. The highlight of the event will be a policy dinner with a noted panel of speakers and guests on March 23.
The following individuals will be participating:
- Hon. JUDr. Ján Čarnogurský, prime minister of the Slovak Republic (1991-1992)
- Hon. Dov S. Zakheim, Ph.D., VP Global Panel America, under secretary of defense and comptroller of the United States (2001-2004)
- Evelyn Early, senior state department advisor at Air University, former counselor for press and cultural affairs at the U.S. embassy to Morocco
- Marc S. Ellenbogen, chairman, Global Panel Foundation and member of national advisory board, U.S. Democratic Party (2004-2010)
- Hon. Dan Maffei, U.S. Rep. for New York’s 25th Congressional District (2009-2011)
- Jens Geitmann, vice president of the Prague Society and Global Panel Foundation; managing director of TriStone Partners
- Hon. Arthur Hughes, adjunct scholar at the Middle East Institute, U.S. Ambassador to Yemen (1991-1994)
- MG (ret.) Bruce Lawlor, Ph.D., director of the Center for Technology, Security and Public Policy at Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (2004-2005); chief of staff of the Department of Homeland Security (2003-2004)
- Professor John Palmer, Ph.D., dean emeritus of the Maxwell School
- Herman Pirchner, president of the American Foreign Policy Council
- Hon. Cyril Svoboda, minister of foreign affairs and justice of the Czech Republic (2002-2004)
- Hon. Jennifer Brunner, secretary of state of Ohio (2007-2011)
- Hon. Michael Calcott, former ambassador of Canada to the Czech Republic and Slovakia, former dean of Canadian Diplomatic Academy
The list of guests includes the names of some of the most important statesmen and diplomats of recent times. Such a wide variety of internationally renowned guests, meeting together, may explain why Global Panel serves as a venue where international cooperation, investments and bilateral relations begin.