MedUX is one of six teams selected for the prestigious CNY Biotech Accelerator (CNYBAC) 2019 Medical Device Innovation Challenge (MDIC), an intensive six-month mentorship accelerator program that starts Aug. 1. MedUX was founded by Alec Gillinder and Quinn King ’20, both…
Whitman School students lend expertise during tax season
Each year, a group of students in Syracuse University’s Whitman School of Management give of their time to offer free income tax preparation assistance to SU students, faculty and staff.
The Beta Alpha Psi (BAP) Free Tax Assistance group works on four days in February, March and April to assist tax payers who may need a little extra help figuring out their taxes.
“Tax season is a difficult time for everyone,” says Mitch Franklin, assistant professor of accounting in the Whitman School. “This program allows students to put into action all of the information they are learning in their classes in order to help out their fellow colleagues.”
The following students in the Whitman School of Management are participating in the program this year:
- Stephanie Burtt of Hudson, N.Y., an accounting major
- Heather Marie Carrozo of Rochester, N.Y., an accounting major
- Lena Chen of Schenectady, N.Y., an accounting major
- Kan Dong of Brooklyn, N.Y., an accounting major
- Ruoya Leng of Edgewater, N.J., an accounting major
- Uyen Nguyen of Vietnam, an accounting major
- Chan Gyun Park of South Korea, an accounting major
- Jessica Santana of Brooklyn, N.Y., an accounting major
- Tyler Schapiro of Vestal, N.Y., a marketing management major
- Yo Wu of Taiwan, an accounting major
- Jin Zhao of Mount Sinai, N.Y., an accounting major
Beta Alpha Psi is an honorary organization for financial information students and professionals. The primary objective of Beta Alpha Psi is to encourage and give recognition to scholastic and professional excellence in the business information field. This includes promoting the study and practice of accounting, finance and information systems; providing opportunities for self-development, service and association among members and practicing professionals, and encouraging a sense of ethical, social, and public responsibility.