Martin De Vita, Ph.D. candidate in psychology, received the Federation of Associations in Behavioral and Brain Sciences (FABBS) Doctoral Dissertation Research Excellence Award for his study on the pain-relieving effects of cannabidiol (CBD) in humans. De Vita was one of…
Nominations sought for 2011 Women of Distinction Awards
Syracuse University’s Division of Student Affairs is seeking nominations for the 2011 Women of Distinction Awards. The awards are presented annually to women who have made significant contributions to leadership, academics, service, social justice or to their profession.
This year’s awards will be given at a ceremony on Thursday, March 24, at 4 p.m. in the Goldstein Alumni and Faculty Center. Jackie Robinson, news anchor with CNY Central, will be the keynote speaker.
The 2011 award recipients will be determined by a committee consisting of SU faculty, staff and students. The three award categories are faculty/staff, student (undergrad and graduate) and community member (Francis McMillan Parks Award).
Nomination criteria include:
- demonstration of outstanding leadership in an organization, community, or classroom;
- accomplishments or leadership roles within her future or current profession;
- academic achievements inside or outside the classroom;
- participation in or initiation of innovative efforts or programs intended to promote enhancement of self or others, specifically women;
- service or social justice efforts within or beyond Syracuse University/SUNY ESF communities; and
- promotion and involvement in collaborative initiatives.
Nomination forms can be found at the Office of Residence Life website at http://orl.syr.edu. In addition to the form, nominations should include a typed summary (no more than 600 words) of why the nominated individual should receive the award, and supporting materials that clearly showcase the individual and/or her efforts. Resumes should be included, but are not necessary if the nominee is unaware of the application).
All materials should be submitted to Michelle Singletary, Office of Residence Life, 111 Waverly Ave, Suite 200, or to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. on Friday, March 4.