With a little more than a week to go until the Nov. 3 presidential election, stress and mental anxiety surrounding American politics are at an all-time high. According to the American Psychological Association, more than two-thirds of U.S. adults (68…
Sport Management Club members give their time to good causes
The Sport Management Club is a student-run organization in the College of Human Ecology’s David B. Falk Center for Sport Management.
Recently, SPM Club members held the sixth annual Charity Sports Auction at the Carrier Dome, benefitting the CNY SPCA (Central New York Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).
Since its founding in 2005, the club’s philanthropic efforts have raised nearly $100,000 for local charities, such as the Syracuse Boys and Girls Clubs, the American Diabetes Association of Central New York, Golisano Children’s Hospital at Upstate and the CNY Ronald McDonald House.
During the past five years, the SPM Club has been recognized with the Chancellor’s Award for Public Engagement and Scholarship and received the 2009 Orange Circle Award from the SU Alumni Association to honor SU alumni, friends, faculty, staff and students who have achieved extraordinary things in support of others.
Members of SPM Club include:
- Richard Ackah, a freshman from Pottstown, Pa.
- Drew Altavilla, a sophomore from LaGrangeville, N.Y.
- Jake Berkowitz, a sophomore from Bryn Mawr, Pa.
- Danielle Berman, a sophomore from Cockeysville, Md.
- Alex Boory, a freshman from Cherry Hill, N.J.
- Becky Bruce, a sophomore from Scarsdale, N.Y.
- Danielle Czysz, a junior from Hillsborough, N.J.
- Michael Demkiw, a freshman from New City, N.Y.
- Dana Ettinger, a sophomore from Woodbury, N.Y.
- Jim Geant, a sophomore from Middletown, N.J.
- Steven Geisenheimer, a sophomore from Port Washington, N.Y.
- Kylee Haggerty, a freshman from Walnutport, Pa.
- Rachel Kirchner, a freshman from Malden, Mass.
- James Hallas, a junior from Portland, Conn.
- Eric Handler, a junior from Clifton, N.J.
- Steven Kozar, a freshman from Park Ridge, N.J.
- Rayna Linowes, a sophomore from Lyman, N.H.
- Meg Mankowski, a freshman from Orchard Park, N.Y.
- Thomas Matschiner, a freshman from Portland, Ore.
- Iain McWhirter, a sophomore from Pennington, N.J.
- Brian Meyer, a senior from Central Valley, N.Y.
- Robert Murray, a freshman from Brookfield, Conn.
- Andrew Naylor, a junior from Corning, N.Y.
- Josh Nightingale, a sophomore from Yarmouth, Maine
- Marisa Novak, a junior from Winnetka, Ill.
- Jon Plaut, a sophomore from Moorestown, N.J.
- Katherine Punda, a junior from Taunton, Mass.
- Brett Ruff, a junior from Clarence, N.Y.
- Matthew Samost, a sophomore from Walpole, Mass.
- Tyler Southard, a freshman from Oneonta, N.Y.
- Jan Stransky, a freshman from Watertown, Conn.
- Tyler Wasserman, a freshman from Wantagh, N.Y.
- Jack Wentzell, a freshman from Westborough, Mass.