Donald Dutkowsky, Professor Emeritus of Economics in the Maxwell School, was interviewed for the CNY Central story “Even Wegmans, one of country’s ‘best places to work,’ needs employees.” Dutkowsky discussed the current labor shortage, saying, “I think you’re seeing two…
SU Library announces Mobile Library—anytime, anywhere access
Syracuse University Library has announced the launch of its mobile web site. Optimized for iPhone, Android and Blackberry smart phones, the site can be accessed at http://m.library.syr.edu. Also, users who visit the regular library homepage (http://library.syr.edu) from a mobile device will be redirected automatically to the mobile version.
The new mobile site offers quick, convenient access to core library information sources, including library hours, contact information and locations. Via the mobile library site, users will be able to:
- search the library catalog, WorldCat and mobile versions of a number of Library databases;
- check library hours for all locations;
- find the locations of all SU libraries and collections;
- view floor maps of Bird Library;
- browse the library staff directory and automatically email or place a call to any individual;
- get research assistance via text message, instant message, email or phone; and
- view Library events.
Full functionality of the mobile services will depend on the data plan, connectivity and capabilities of the phone used.
The mobile site will continue to grow and develop based on feedback from users. Users can visit the “Give Us Your Feedback” link on the site to send ideas for enhancements.