Police vehicle accidents and the impact such crashes have had on communities across New York State are the focus of a new data journalism project involving Newhouse School students working in partnership with reporters from the USA Today Network and Central Current….
Fifth annual Communications Law and Policy Society Symposium Oct. 23
The Communications Law & Policy Society at Syracuse University College of Law will host its fifth annual Communications Law & Policy Symposium on Saturday, Oct. 23, at the Genesee Grande Hotel from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. The event, “Law Chasing Technology: The Perpetual Pursuit,” will highlight current key telecommunication and media policy challenges. Several College of Law alumni will participate in panel topics that include:
- How Net Neutrality Will Affect the Entertainment Industry
- Understanding Your Electronic Footprint: Identification Management in New Media
- Women & Communication: Breaking the Digital Ceiling
- Google Books: Balancing Access & Power
- Wag the Dog: Tech Reporting & Policy
- Coming of Age: Applying New Technologies to the Children’s Television Act
- Revolution Around the Corner: The National Broadband Plan
The symposium will culminate with an optional career-networking dinner event to connect law students with speakers and alumni. For more information on attending the symposium, contact symposium director Erin Lawless, at Erin.Lawless@gmail.com.