Syracuse radio station WAER will become part of Syracuse University’s S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications, effective July 1. The announcement was made today by Newhouse Dean Mark J. Lodato, WAER director and general manager Joe Lee and Kristian Klinger,…
Maxwell Policy Research Symposium June 10-11 to examine coverage of long-term care in U.S.
The Maxwell Policy Research Symposium, to be held June 10-11 at Syracuse University, will address the issue of long-term care insurance and services in the United States. The conference aims to assess the prospects for moving toward comprehensive coverage of long-term care services. Participants will present and discuss papers on the political, economic, workforce, familial and social aspects of this policy challenge.
Madonna Harrington Meyer and Douglas Wolf of the Maxwell School’s Center for Policy Research, along with Nancy Folbre of the University of Massachusetts-Amherst, will host leading scholars from the United States and Europe for this event. Papers presented at the symposium will be compiled in an edited volume for later publication.
Full details can be found at: http://www-cpr.maxwell.syr.edu/econconf/index.htm.
Presenters and discussants include:
- Howard Gleekman, Urban Institute
- Harriet Komisar, Georgetown University
- Harrington Meyer, Maxwell School
- Carol Levine, United Hospital Fund
- Enid Kassner, AARP
- Robyn Stone, American Association of Homes and Services for the Aging
- Candace Howes, Connecticut College
- Lee Goldberg, Service Employees International Union
- Len Burman, Maxwell School
- Marc Cohen, LifePlans Inc.
- Tom Dennison, Maxwell School
- Robert Hudson, Boston University
This event is free and open to the public. Seating is limited, and a reservation is required. For details, contact Roseann Presutti, Center for Policy Research, at (315) 443-3114 or email@example.com.
To receive future announcements, including notice of publication of symposium papers, contact Martha Bonney at firstname.lastname@example.org.