The final installment of the Social Media & Democracy seminar series will examine the impact of social media on the 2018 midterm elections. The event will be held Nov. 14 at 6 p.m. in the Joyce Hergenhan Auditorium, Newhouse 3….
5th Annual Communications Law & Policy Symposium is Feb. 20
The Communications Law & Policy Society at Syracuse University College of Law will host its 5th Annual Communications Law & Policy Symposium on Saturday, Feb. 20,at the Genesee Grande Hotel from 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. The event, “Law Chasing Technology: The Perpetual Pursuit,” will highlight current key telecommunication and media policy challenges. Several College of Law alumni will participate in panel topics that include:
• “How Net Neutrality Will Affect the Entertainment Industry”
• “Understanding Your Electronic Footprint: Identification Management in New Media”
• “Women & Communication: Breaking the Digital Ceiling”
• “Google Books: Balancing Access & Power”
• “Wag the Dog: Tech Reporting & Policy”
• “Coming of Age: Applying New Technologies to the Children’s Television Act”
• “Revolution Around the Corner: The National Broadband Plan”
The symposium will culminate with an optional career networking dinner event to connect law students with speakers and alumni.