Robert Thompson, Trustee Professor and director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture in the Newhouse School, was quoted in the USA Today story “What’s next for Megyn Kelly? Experts say the options are limited.”
Open Enrollment for eligible faculty and staff begins November 2
Mark your calendar now – Open Enrollment for eligible faculty and staff is November 2 through November 13, 2009.
The choices you make will be in effect from January 1 through December 31, 2010. Outside the Open Enrollment period, no changes may be made to your benefits except in the case of a qualifying family status change.
In the coming weeks there will be many resources, both electronic and hard copy, available to you as you consider your benefits options for 2010.
- The Open Enrollment website contains full details of the benefits plans and rates for your review.
- A postcard reminder about Open Enrollment dates was mailed to your home address this week.
- General Roadshows have been scheduled for eligible faculty, staff, Adjuncts United faculty, and Graduate Assistants/Fellows. Those who have questions about their benefits are welcome to attend. The General Roadshow schedule is available online. You may also contact the HR Service Center directly at 443-4042 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An HR Update newsletter will be mailed to your campus address the week of 11/2.
- Several electronic announcements through SU Today and e-mails to your syr.edu account are planned throughout October and early November.
- Part-time faculty members eligible for the Adjuncts United Modified Benefits Plan will receive e-mail instructions in their syr.edu e-mail account related to their Open Enrollment process.
Special Notice: There will be no makeup period this year. All employees must enroll by November 13 if they want to elect or change benefits for 2010.