Robert Thompson, Trustee Professor and director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture in the Newhouse School, was quoted in the USA Today story “What’s next for Megyn Kelly? Experts say the options are limited.”
Newhouse School hosts ‘Best of Newspaper Design’ contest
Newhouse School hosts ‘Best of Newspaper Design’ contestFebruary 20, 2009Wendy S. Loughlinwsloughl@syr.edu
In its 30th annual The Best of Newspaper Design™ Creative Competition, the Society for News Design has named four newspapers from Europe and one from Mexico as World’s Best-Designed Newspapers™. The contest has been hosted by the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications for the past 20 years.
The winners are:
- Akzia, Moscow, Russia, biweekly, circulation 200,000
- Eleftheros Tipos, Athens, Greece, daily, circulation 86,000
- Expresso, Paco de Arcos, Portugal, weekly, circulation 120,000
- The News, Mexico City, daily, circulation 10,000
- Welt am Sonntag, Berlin, weekly, circulation 400,000
The society issued 966 other design awards for journalism published in 2008. The winners came from 10,725 entries submitted by 346 daily and nondaily newspapers in 43 countries. The database of winners can be accessed at http://update.snd.org.
For more information, contact Marshall Matlock at firstname.lastname@example.org.