We want to know how you experience Syracuse University. It could be an amazing night view of campus, a cool class project or a beautiful day on the Einhorn Family Walk. Take a photo and share it with us. We…
Newhouse School hosts ‘Best of Newspaper Design’ contest
Newhouse School hosts ‘Best of Newspaper Design’ contestFebruary 20, 2009Wendy S. Loughlinwsloughl@syr.edu
In its 30th annual The Best of Newspaper Design™ Creative Competition, the Society for News Design has named four newspapers from Europe and one from Mexico as World’s Best-Designed Newspapers™. The contest has been hosted by the S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications for the past 20 years.
The winners are:
- Akzia, Moscow, Russia, biweekly, circulation 200,000
- Eleftheros Tipos, Athens, Greece, daily, circulation 86,000
- Expresso, Paco de Arcos, Portugal, weekly, circulation 120,000
- The News, Mexico City, daily, circulation 10,000
- Welt am Sonntag, Berlin, weekly, circulation 400,000
The society issued 966 other design awards for journalism published in 2008. The winners came from 10,725 entries submitted by 346 daily and nondaily newspapers in 43 countries. The database of winners can be accessed at http://update.snd.org.
For more information, contact Marshall Matlock at firstname.lastname@example.org.