Robert Thompson, Trustee Professor of radio, television and film and director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture in the Newhouse School, was quoted in The Telegraph article “Analysts Consider Twitter Under Musk Regime.” This story details Elon…
Green Universe City site updated with several new features for sustainable living and working
As part of its ongoing leadership in promoting and practicing activities that contribute to a more sustainable environment, Syracuse University has updated its campus sustainability website.
In 2007, SU Chancellor and President Nancy Cantor signed the American College & University Presidents Climate Commitment, making SU one of the largest private universities committed to climate neutrality and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, and further signifying the University’s long-term dedication to creating a more sustainable community, both on and off campus. To promote the many components of the University’s sustainable practices and innovations that are part of Scholarship in Action — including the many ways individuals can contribute toward reducing the University’s carbon footprint-the “SU Green Universe City” website (http://greenuniversecity.syr.edu) was launched in February 2008.
The University’s Sustainability Division, part of the Office of Energy and Computing Management, has updated the site from its previous online presence to provide a more comprehensive resource, inclusive of all campus sustainability efforts, for the University community and visitors.
Among the new features:
- Campus News: news section relating to sustainable news happening on campus;
- Policy Statement: SU’s commitment to sustainability has been relocated;
- Greening the Orange and How!?!: features campus departments’ sustainable actions and initiatives;
- Newsletters: online version of “Sustainable News You Can Use,” along with the archived newsletters;
- Calculators: an interactive page to find out an individual’s commuting costs, plus links to other sustainable calculators; and
- Student Green Beat: a section devoted to student sustainable news features and class writing assignments.
The site is updated continuously with news and event information for the University community. Individuals who have sustainable news or would like a sustainable activity or action posted on the website should send information for review to Melissa Cadwell, marketing manager in the Sustainability Division, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For comments or questions about the website, e-mail email@example.com.