We want to know how you experience Syracuse University. It could be an amazing night view of campus, a cool class project or a beautiful day on the Einhorn Family Walk. Take a photo and share it with us. We…
SU Library adds China Data Online, Science Reference Center databases
SU Library adds China Data Online, Science Reference Center databases September 04, 2008Pamela McLaughlinpwmclaug@syr.edu
Syracuse University Library now subscribes to China Data Online, the product of a collaboration between the University of Michigan’s China Data Center and All China Market Research Co. Ltd., as well as Science Reference Center from EBSCO.
China Data Online provides comprehensive information on China’s economic and social development at national, provincial, county, city and industrial levels. Its core databases include:
- monthly statistics-provides the monthly macroeconomic statistics at national, provincial and city levels from 1998-present;
- national statistics-provides statistical data at the national level from 1949-present;
- provincial statistics-provides statistical data at the provincial level from 1949-present;
- city statistics-provides annual statistics of prefecture and county level cities from 1996;
- county statistics-provides the annual county statistics from 1997;
- industrial statistics-provides monthly and yearly statistics by industries from 1999; and
- statistical yearbooks-includes a series of China national, provincial, city and professional statistical yearbooks, which will be expanded to cover all statistical yearbooks published by the National Bureau of Statistics of China.
In addition, China Data Online’s China Census Databases contain about 3,000 electronic census data books that provide a unique collection of various census data for all provinces, cities, counties and townships of mainland China. The databases include industrial census data; basic unit census data; economic census data; agricultural census data; and population census and survey data. For more information about China Data Online, contact Marty Hanson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443-1947. For assistance in using China Data Online, contact Paul Bern, email@example.com, 443-1352.
Science Reference Center is a comprehensive research database that provides access to a wide range of full text science-oriented content. It contains more than 630 full text titles, including leading science encyclopedias, reference books and periodicals, as well as biographies and images. Topics covered include biology, chemistry, earth and space science, environmental science, health and medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science and society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife. Science Reference Center is especially strong in meeting general or introductory science research needs. In addition, more than 70 science-oriented educational benchmarks are aligned with relevant articles to help ensure that curriculum and/or science-specific educational standards are being met.
For more information or to arrange for a demonstration, contact Janet Pease at 443-9768 or firstname.lastname@example.org.