What catches your eye on the Syracuse University campus—a beautiful sunset over campus, a cool class project or time spent on the Shaw Quad? Take a photo and share it with us. We select photos from a variety of sources….
Middle States evaluation team to visit campus, open forums scheduled
Middle States evaluation team to visit campus, open forums scheduledMarch 24, 2008Kevin Morrowkdmorrow@syr.edu
From March 30 through April 2, Syracuse University will host the following members of SU’s evaluation team from the Middle States Commission on Higher Education:
- Lawrence S. Bacow, president, Tufts University (Chair);
- Michael A. Baenen, chief of staff, President’s Office, Tufts University;
- Patricia Beeson, vice provost for graduate and undergraduate studies, University of Pittsburgh;
- Paula P. Burger, dean of undergraduate education and vice provost, Johns Hopkins University;
- Paul N. Courant, librarian and dean of libraries; former provost and executive vice president for academic affairs, chief academic officer and chief budget officer, University of Michigan; and
- Marilyn McCoy, vice president for administration and planning, Northwestern University.
The team’s campus visit is the culminating event of the University’s decennial Middle States reaccreditation review process, a three-year self-study that has examined the institution’s transition to Responsibility Center Management (RCM) and the three intertwined strands of Scholarship in Action: faculty and graduate excellence, access and support for enterprising students, and engagement with the world.
The evaluation team will meet with more than 200 students, faculty and staff during their visit in sessions that track the areas and issues examined in the self-study report. The visit schedule and the self-study report are both available at http://middlestates.syr.edu/.
Students, faculty and staff are invited to meet with members of the evaluation team during one of three concurrent open forums on Monday, March 31, from 3:30-4:30 p.m.:
- Open meeting with graduate students (Eggers Hall, Room 018)
- Open meeting with undergraduate students (Sims Hall, Room 219)
- Open meeting with faculty and staff (Shaffer Hall, Room 121)
For more information about the Middle States process, the self-study report or the evaluation team’s visit, contact Sandra Hurd, associate provost for academic programs, at email@example.com.