Research led by Bryce Hruska, assistant professor in Falk College, was covered in the EMS World article “Job Stress and What to Do About It.” Hruska discusses how it can be difficult for EMS workers dealing with traumatic disorders to deal…
SU Office of Residence Life seeks nominations for 2008 Francis McMillan Parks Women of Influence Awards
SU Office of Residence Life seeks nominations for 2008 Francis McMillan Parks Women of Influence AwardsJanuary 28, 2008Kelly Homan Rodoskikahoman@syr.edu
Syracuse University’s Office of Residence Life (ORL) invites members of the SU and greater Syracuse communities to submit nominations for the 2008 Francis McMillan Parks Women of Influence Awards. The awards will be given during a ceremony on March 27 at the University’s Goldstein Alumni and Faculty Center.
ORL will honor a minimum of five women for their contributions to SU and the Syracuse community. Awards will be given in five categories: undergraduate student, graduate student, faculty member, staff member and community member, based on one or more of the following criteria:
- demonstrated sincere efforts in advancing the issues of women and work to address issues facing women in the greater Syracuse community;
- worked to enhance the quality of life and educational opportunities of SU faculty, staff and students;
- served as a role model for students and others from the University community;
- contributed to Scholarship in Action; and
- has a record of outstanding accomplishments in the Syracuse community.
Nomination forms for the awards can be found on the ORL website, http://orl.syr.edu, and are due on Friday, Feb. 29, by 5 p.m. A nomination letter, along with the nomination form, should be submitted to Michelle Singletary, assistant director for residence life, at email@example.com. Questions can be directed to Singletary at 443-3637 or residence director Scott Blair at 443-3093.