Nina Kohn, the David M. Levy Professor of Law and Faculty Director of Online Education in the College of Law, published an op-ed in The Hill “It’s time to care about home care.” Kohn discusses President Biden’s American Jobs Plan and…
Whitman School launches promotional video contest open to students
Whitman School launches promotional video contest open to studentsJanuary 24, 2008Amy Schmitzaemehrin@syr.edu
The Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University is launching a Whitman promotional video contest open to all students enrolled at SU and the SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry. The purpose of the contest is to use student talent to describe life at Whitman as an undergraduate student.
Registrations will be accepted through March 15. All teams who register will receive a welcome kit containing video creation materials. To register, visit http://www.whitman.syr.edu/videocontest.
Guidelines for the Whitman video contest:
- No more than three students per team.
- At least one student per team must be enrolled as a Whitman undergraduate major.
- Videos must be promotional of the Whitman undergraduate program.
- Videos must not include any copyrighted materials or any inappropriate, pornographic or illegal content, including imagery, graphics or audio.
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and three minutes in length.
- Videos must be submitted on DVD with team name and team members clearly marked on the disc. Teams must submit two copies.
- The submission deadline is 5 p.m. on April 7.
All rights of the promotional videos are retained by the Whitman School; Whitman reserves the right to show the video to whatever audiences it deems appropriate.
Teams may use their own video equipment or plan to check out, on a first-come, first-serve basis, video cameras from the Whitman IT office. Newhouse students may use loans from the cage located in Newhouse II.
After receiving all submitted videos, a judging panel of Whitman faculty, staff and students will select the top three videos. A screening will be held on May 2, at which the winners will be announced.
All teams that submit a video will receive gift bags. The first-place team will win $600 in gift cards. The second-place team will win $300 in gift cards. The third-place will win $150 in gift cards.
For more information, contact Amy Mehringer, Whitman communications manager, at (315) 443-3834 or firstname.lastname@example.org.