We want to know how you experience Syracuse University. It could be an amazing night view of campus, a cool class project or a beautiful day on the Einhorn Family Walk. Take a photo and share it with us. We…
Free park-and-ride bus service offered from SU campus to ‘Holiday Magic in the Square’ Nov. 23
Free park-and-ride bus service offered from SU campus to ‘Holiday Magic in the Square’ Nov. 23November 16, 2007Eric Personsedperson@syr.edu
Centro and Syracuse University are offering free park-and-ride service on the Connective Corridor bus to the Sixth Annual “Holiday Magic in the Square” in Clinton Square on Friday, Nov. 23. Those attending the holiday extravaganza will be able to park for free in the campus Quad 4 parking lot across from the North Campus bus stop at College Place. Connective Corridor bus service for the event will be from 5-11:40 p.m. A special bus schedule and route information can be found online at http://connectivecorridor.syr.edu.
“Holiday Magic in the Square” will feature a live musical stage production of “A Christmas Fantasy” at 7 p.m. and ends with the lighting of the 60-foot Norway Spruce Christmas tree. Clinton Square will offer open ice skating until 10 p.m.
The holiday event includes:
- 50 students from Delaware Elementary School leading the show’s opening sing-along segment;
- a singing and dancing live musical stage production written and choreographed by Tawn Marie Campolieti, featuring 78 dancers in a story of a special little girl who dreams of the enchanted gifts that Christmas brings;
- special guest appearances by Santa and Mrs. Claus, singing and dancing;
- Open Hand Theater’s Magical Snow Princess lighting the Christmas tree;
- for the second year, Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer, both “live” storybook characters, joining in the singing and dancing fun; and
- downtown venues offering seasonal specials.
The event is free. Syracuse Mayor Matthew Driscoll encourages families to come downtown to partake in good-hearted holiday spirit.
The Connective Corridor bus service will not be available during the Thanksgiving holiday on Thursday, Nov. 22, and Saturday, Nov. 24. Regular service will resume Thursday, Nov. 29.