We want to know how you experience Syracuse University. Take a photo and share it with us. We select photos from a variety of sources. Submit photos of your University experience by filling out a submission form or sending it…
New Web user experience created for The Campaign for Syracuse University
New Web user experience created for The Campaign for Syracuse UniversityNovember 02, 2007Veronica Hotalingvhotalin@syr.edu
As part of the communications plan for The Campaign for Syracuse University, a new website (http://campaign.syr.edu) launched today along with a new high-level facelift to Syracuse University’s home page (http://www.syr.edu).
Designed to generate awareness of the University’s anticipated $1 billion capital campaign, the campaign.syr.edu site:
- educates audiences on campaign objectives, progress, recent news and the different ways to give;
- publicizes the impact of giving and enables both existing and prospective donors to see how gifts to the University can make a difference;
- helps communicate SU’s vision of Scholarship in Action;
- illustrates how The Campaign for Syracuse University can create new and greater opportunities for Scholarship in Action;
- positions SU as a dynamic, vital institution with a long history of inciting change;
- builds motivation and encourages supporters of the University to become part of The Campaign for Syracuse University; and
- recognizes those donors who have already joined the University’s efforts and reinforces their impact.
Both campaign.syr.edu and syr.edu share continuity with the graphic identity that was created by brand-building expert and SU alumna Adrienne Weiss ’71 in order to enhance and create synergy with all the off-line communications that have been developed in support of the campaign.
Syr.edu uses all the same technology, architecture and navigation that was present prior to the high-level facelift but incorporates new photography, a new color palette (including a predominant use of orange), and the type font used in the campaign’s printed materials. The University is continuing its process of usability research and Web planning in anticipation of a more extensive redesign of syr.edu to come in the near future. A Phase 2 of the giving site is also planned.
In addition to being more engaging and better connecting to the SU brand than did the previous giving site, the new-look campaign.syr.edu site offers several new features, including:
- use of videos and stories to highlight the many ways in which gifts to the University create an impact on faculty, students, donors, campus and programs;
- an interactive timeline showcasing significant moments of change in SU’s history;
- improved and more intuitive site architecture and navigation;
- profiles of campaign volunteer leadership;
- information on the growth of the University’s endowment;
- complete information on campaign priorities; and
- an ongoing display of the campaign’s progress.
The Campaign for Syracuse University, the most ambitious capital campaign in the institution’s history with an anticipated goal of $1 billion, will provide overall resources and support to advance SU’s vision of Scholarship in Action. The campaign focuses on five key target areas: Student Access and Support, Faculty Excellence, Cross-Connections, Building Futures and Annual Support.
For more information on The Campaign for Syracuse University, visit http://campaign.syr.edu.