Robert Thompson, Trustee Professor and director of the Bleier Center for Television and Popular Culture in the Newhouse School, was quoted in the USA Today story “What’s next for Megyn Kelly? Experts say the options are limited.”
Help Otto meet his fundraising goal for ‘Race for the Cure’
Help Otto meet his fundraising goal for ‘Race for the Cure’April 27, 2006SU News ServicesSUnews@syr.edu
It’s not too late to join Otto and the rest of Syracuse University’s 2006 Susan G. Komen CNY Race for the Cure team members on May 13 at the New York State Fairgrounds. The SU team will walk or run with more than 3,500 people who have already signed up for the race to fight breast cancer. So far, 122 SU students, faculty and staff members — plus Otto — have joined the team, collectively raising more than $12,000. New team members can register by visiting http://suraceforthecure.syr.edu; click on the pink ribbon. The registration deadline is May 1.
If you can’t join the team, you can still participate in this important event:
- Donate to Otto or to any other SU Race for the Cure team member — So far, Otto has raised $115 in donations. His goal is $440 and he is looking for help. Those donating $10 to Otto will be registered in a drawing for a basketball autographed by the SU men’s basketball team. Contributions can be made by visiting http://suraceforthecure.syr.edu. Click on the pink ribbon.
- Sleep for the Cure — A Sleep In For the Cure? participant is a person who supports the cause, but is unable to participate the day of the event. Participants will receive a sleep shirt in the mail. Information is available at http://komencny.org/komen/race06sleepin.htm. You can join the SU team as a Sleep for the Cure participant.
- Bring your children so they can participate in the first annual “Kids for the Cure” one-mile fun run. Information is available at http://komencny.org/komen/race06kidsforcure.htm.
- Purchase an SU “Race for the Cure” team shirt, which features Otto. The shirts cost only $7 and are available at the SU Bookstore.
- Collect for the Cure — The Komen Foundation CNY Affiliate will work with e-Cycle Inc. to dispose of your old cell phones and PDAs. Seventy percent of the funds collected through this effort will be contributed to the Komen Foundation CNY Affiliate. Information about collection points is available by e-mailing June Quackenbush at email@example.com.
All proceeds will benefit the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation CNY Affiliate, which has awarded more than $1.8 million dollars to nonprofit, breast health-care organizations in Central New York. Proceeds also support the national Komen Foundation Award and Research Grant program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research, meritorious awards and scientific and educational conferences around the world.