We want to know how you experience Syracuse University. Take a photo and share it with us. We select photos from a variety of sources. Submit photos of your University experience using #SyracuseU on social media, fill out a submission…
Activities planned for Syracuse University’s 2004 Remembrance Week
Activities planned for Syracuse University’s 2004 Remembrance WeekOctober 19, 2004Kelly Homan Rodoskikahoman@syr.edu
The 2004-05 Syracuse University Remembrance Scholars will host a series of activities during Remembrance Week, which will be held Oct. 22-29 on the SU campus.
The activities in which the Scholars are participating include the following:
- A Rose-Laying Ceremony at the Place of Remembrance in front of the Hall of Languages, Friday, Oct. 22 at 2:03 p.m. (the time of the crash). The Rev. Thomas V. Wolfe, dean of Hendricks Chapel, will give the invocation. Lockerbie Scholars Beth Marchant and Laura Smith will speak.
- The Remembrance Convocation in Hendricks Chapel, honoring the 2004-05 Remembrance Scholars, Friday, Oct. 22 at 3:30 p.m.
- The Scholars will each wear a button commemorating one of the 35 student victims.
- A presentation by the Syracuse Peace Council on Monday, Oct. 25 at 7:30 p.m., location to be announced.
- A lapel blue ribbon distribution in the Schine Student Center Atrium on Oct. 25, 26 and 28 from 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- A carnation distribution on the Quad on Oct. 27.
- An Oct. 27 presentation to local sixth-grade students.
- An Oct. 28 presentation to students in the International Young Scholars Program at Hendricks Chapel.
Also, unique to this year is the play “The Women of Lockerbie,” performed by SU’s Drama Department in the Black Box Theater at Syracuse Stage. This show will run Nov. 12-14, Nov. 19-21 and Dec. 3-4.
Additionally, the Scholars are working on a documentary with history of the Pan Am 103 tragedy and thoughts from Remembrance Scholars; and writing a letter to the victims’ families.