Mary E. Graham, Ph.D., professor in the Department of Sport Management, has been named Falk College associate dean of faculty affairs effective Jan. 2, 2024. This newly created leadership position reports to Falk College Dean Jeremy Jordan and is dedicated…
Master Leadership Skills for Behavior Change With Crucial Influence Professional Development Program
More than 30 years of research by Crucial Learning—a skills-building organization offering award-winning courses and bestselling books focused on leadership development—indicates that human behavior is grounded in six sources of influence. Leaders must know how to leverage and apply these sources of influence to effectively lead teams and solve everyday challenges.
Building on the success of the popular Crucial Conversations program, the new Crucial Influence program will be introduced to faculty and staff leaders, managers and supervisors by Crucial Influence Certified Trainer Pam Gavenda. The program will be held on campus from Oct. 31-Nov. 14. Crucial Influence teaches leadership skills for behavior change through hands-on instruction, practice and application.
In this course, participants will learn how to:
- influence other’s behavior to make big and small changes inevitable;
- identify the behaviors that will generate desired results;
- use the six sources of influence to diagnose problem behaviors and identify why people struggle to change;
- motivate by tapping into personal values;
- help others learn new skills;
- harness the power of social influence; and
- correctly incentivize behaviors.
Crucial Influence will be held on three consecutive Tuesdays (Oct. 31, Nov. 7 and Nov. 14) from 9 a.m. to noon at a North Campus location to be determined. Although not a prerequisite for enrollment, previous participation in a Crucial Conversations session is recommended. Interested? Sign up via Qualtrics.
Important to know:
- Skills learned each week build upon concepts from prior lessons, so it is critical participants are able to attend and be present for all three sessions.
- Because there is a cost of $350 per person for program materials, departmental approval is necessary. The fee will be charged to participants’ budget centers and approval from your supervisor and budget manager is required.
- Space is limited to 24 participants.
- With questions, email Pam Gavenda, associate director of organizational development and training and Crucial Conversations/Crucial Influence certified trainer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elevate your leadership skills to the next level; sign up for Crucial Influence today!