Syracuse Center of Excellence in Environmental and Energy Systems has awarded grants to four New York State companies through its Innovation Fund. Since 2014, the SyracuseCoE Innovation Fund has helped companies overcome barriers to the commercialization of potentially transformative products…
Fall 2023 Career Week: Helping Students Achieve Professional Goals
“It’s never too early to begin taking action to achieve your unique professional goals,” is advice frequently shared by school, college and unit career teams in partnership with Syracuse University Career Services.
Supporting students within their unique trajectory to career success is Fall 2023 Career Week, slated for Sept. 25-29. All students, regardless of class year and major, are welcome and encouraged to connect with more than 200 employers by participating in a variety of events. Employers in attendance will be offering internship and post-graduation positions.
Marking new milestones for student-focused professional development and alongside a dedicated Orange network encompassing faculty, staff, alumni, employers and more, is Adam Capozzi, director of Career Services, assessment and student success. “Fall 2023 Career Week is on track to be the largest on-campus gathering of employer partners to date,” he says.
“Our career services network is in the constant pursuit of strengthening the student experience. This is done not only through the evaluation of the types of events hosted but through a dedicated effort to meet and welcome students where they are at any point of their professional development journey. From your first semester to preparing for post-graduation—all students are welcome and encouraged to participate.”
What Fall 2023 Career Week Events Are Available and How Can Students Register?
Explore Career Week event highlights below and complete offerings on the University events calendar under “Career Development” events. Per each event, it is important for students to register on Handshake and prepare before attending.
- Monday, Sept. 25: GE Vernova Tabling in Link Hall
- Tuesday, Sept. 26: Identity and Culture in the Workspace Interactive Panel
- Tuesday, Sept. 26: Career and Internship Fair
- Tuesday, Sept. 26: Free Professional Portraits
- Wednesday, Sept. 27: Micron Tabling in Link Hall
- Thursday, Sept. 28: Alumni Chat with Microsoft Executive Vishal Shukla
How Can Students Prepare for Fall 2023 Career Week?
Complete information is available on the Career Week webpage.
- Complete your Handshake account: This includes ensuring your photo and details such as graduation year, education, work experience and more is current. Upon completion your account will reflect “100%.”
- Register for events: Students are asked to register for events on Handshake.
- Research attending employers: Using Handshake, proactively organize a list of interesting employers that will be in attendance at events. Use Handshake, LinkedIn and other websites to research them.
- Explore networking best practices and more by attending career development events before, during and after Career Week.
- Review resumes with career advisors and the VMock platform, a free 24-hour service.
- From attire, LinkedIn branding, polishing an introductory “pitch” and more, plan with career advisors on how to best make a professional impression.