The Martin J. Whitman School of Management has again been listed among the best MBA programs for 2023-24 in the U.S. by Bloomberg Businessweek, improving its ranking by seven spots to No. 61 nationally, up from No. 68 last year….
2023 Panasci Business Plan Competition Announced
Interested in learning how to write a business plan? Have a great idea for a business but are not sure how to get the funding you need? Looking for access to amazing mentors? Prepare yourself (and your team) by signing up for the 2023 Panasci Business Plan Competition. With more than $40,000 in cash prizes, this competition is a great opportunity to compete for seed funding for your business or idea.
The 2023 competition will be held on April 14. The Panasci Business Plan Competition, hosted at the Whitman School of Management at Syracuse University, is a campuswide student event made possible by a longtime Whitman supporter, the late Henry A. Panasci, founder of Fay’s Drugs.
Competing gives collegiate entrepreneurs real-world experience to pitch their startups, enhance their business strategies and learn what it takes to launch successful companies. The Panasci competition is open to all students at Syracuse University. Applicants will write and submit a business plan for the chance to advance to the finals on April 14, 2023, at the Whitman School.
- Dec. 2, 2022, 7-8 p.m.: First information session, Q&A to learn about the competition and hear from past winning teams. Join the Dec. 2 information session on Zoom.
- Jan. 30, 2023, 7-8 p.m.: Second information session, Q&A to learn about the competition and hear from past winning teams. Join the Jan. 30 information session on Zoom.
- Jan. 31, 2023, midnight: Submission of expression of interest due—not mandatory to compete but useful to stay up-to-date on the competition.
- Feb. 18-19, 2023: Entrepreneurship and Emerging Enterprises 458—Business Plan Laboratory weekend course offered to learn how to write a business plan (1 credit). It is not a pre-requirement to compete but useful to write a better business plan. For information about the course, email Professor of Entrepreneurial Practice Ken Walsleben at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- March 26, 2023: Deadline to submit business plan to compete.
- April 14, 2023: Panasci Business Plan Competition, Whitman School of Management.
A Few Items to Get You Started
- Review the key components of how to write a business plan [PDF].
- If you need help preparing for the competition, reach out to the Blackstone LaunchPad at Syracuse University Libraries by email.
- Review more information, including rules, regulations and qualifications.