Sixteen new full-time faculty joined the College of Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) for the 2023-24 academic year. Two of the faculty members are also new department chairs in the college. Gregg Barron, assistant teaching professor of music industry in…
Committee to Identify Next Dean of the Whitman School Appointed
Vice Chancellor, Provost and Chief Academic Officer Gretchen Ritter today announced the members of the search committee charged with identifying the next dean of the Whitman School of Management. Associate Dean for Undergraduate and Master’s Education and Professor of Entrepreneurship Alexander McKelvie’s appointment as interim dean will remain in effect until a new dean is identified.
“The Whitman School’s reputation as a leader in business education remains strong among our peers, thanks in large part to the innovation and commitment of its talented faculty,” says Provost Ritter. “The school is poised for continued growth and will no doubt attract a competitive slate of dean candidates given how attractive the role is among higher education influencers. I am grateful to the members of the search committee for their service to and leadership on behalf of Syracuse University and the Whitman School and look forward to seeing the candidates they put forward.”
The co-chairs of the search committee are Maria Minniti, the Bantle Chair in Entrepreneurship and Public Policy and director of the Institute for an Entrepreneurial Society, and S.P. Raj, Distinguished Professor and chair of marketing and director of the M.S. in marketing program.
The remainder of the search committee includes:
- Steven W. Barnes ’82, H’19, chairman emeritus, Board of Trustees
- Anna Chernobai, professor of finance and academic director of pedagogical innovation, Whitman School
- Joseph Comprix, chair of the Joseph I. Lubin School of Accounting, professor of accounting and interim associate dean for undergraduate and master’s education, Whitman School
- Diane Crawford, executive director of institutional culture, Whitman School
- Ravi Dharwadkar, Laura J. and L. Douglas Meredith Professor of Teaching Excellence and professor and chair of management, Whitman School
- Mary-Katheryn Egger, undergraduate student, Whitman School
- Marcelle Haddix, associate provost for strategic initiatives and Distinguished Dean’s Professor of Literacy, Race and Justice, School of Education
- Yi Huang, graduate student, Whitman School
- Julie Niederhoff, associate professor of supply chain management, co-director of the H.H. Franklin Center for Supply Chain and co-director of the Harry Salzberg Memorial Program, Whitman School
- Douglas A. Present ’86, University Trustee, Board of Trustees
- Willie Reddic, associate professor of accounting, Whitman School
- Fatma Sonmez-Leopold, associate teaching professor of finance, Whitman School
- David Van Slyke, dean of the Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
The search firm Isaacson, Miller will assist the committee in all aspects of recruitment and selection.