Thank you, Professor Reed. My only remark today is to answer Senator Van’ Gulick’s question from the Jan. 24 meeting. To remind folks, he asked about reseating the JMA Wireless Dome this summer, which will make it much more accessible…
Search Committee Appointed for University’s Next Chief Financial Officer
Syracuse University Chancellor Kent Syverud today announced the members of the search committee for the University’s new chief financial officer (CFO). The new CFO will report directly to the Chancellor and provide strategic leadership for critical finance and administrative functions.
“Though the pandemic certainly brought challenges and changes to academia throughout the nation, Syracuse University is financially strong and well-positioned for continued growth,” says Chancellor Syverud. “Our next financial leader must be an outstanding senior administrator who can take the reins and ensure our resources are prioritized in support of our academic vision and a most promising future.”
Chancellor Syverud, who will chair the search committee, hopes to have the new CFO in place by the start of the fall 2022 semester. Members of the Search Committee include:
- Steven Barnes ’82, chairman emeritus, Board of Trustees
- Gretchen Ritter, vice chancellor, provost and chief academic officer
- J. Michael Haynie, vice chancellor for strategic initiatives and innovation
- Candace Campbell Jackson, senior vice president and chief of staff
- Elisabeth “Lisa” Fontenelli ’86, Board of Trustees Finance Committee chair and Whitman Advisory Council chair
- Professor Emily Stokes-Rees, director of the School of Design, College of Visual and Performing Arts
- Edward J. Pettinella G’76, Board of Trustees vice chair and Board Audit and Risk Committee chair
- Jeffrey M. Scruggs, Co-chair of the Board of Trustees Advisory Committee on Campus Climate, Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility and Maxwell Advisory Board member
The new CFO will succeed Gwenn Judge, who is currently serving as interim senior vice president and chief financial officer.