Chancellor Syverud Announces Senior VP of Communications and Marketing Search Committee Members
Syracuse University Chancellor Kent Syverud today announced the members of the search committee for the Senior Vice President of Communications and Marketing. The new position will lead an integrated Division of Communications and Marketing and be responsible for aligning all its functions, including branding, web and social media, and internal and external communications.
“The goal is to ensure that the ways in which we express our strategic vision and tell the Syracuse University story are consistent, meaningful and aligned,” says Chancellor Syverud. “The new structure will help move the University forward in support of our students, faculty, staff and alumni.”
Under a new operational structure, the Office of Marketing and Communications will move from Enrollment Management into the integrated division, along with other public affairs and communications functions. Senior Vice President Kevin Quinn will continue to advise the Chancellor on strategic communications and marketing issues. Until the new leader is identified and on board, all communications and marketing functions will continue to collaborate across divisions.
John Wildhack, director of Athletics, and Rochelle Ford, chair of the Department of Public Relations in the Newhouse School of Public Communications, have agreed to co-chair the search. Other members of the search committee are:
- Lindsey Callahan, graduate student representative
- Eric Evangelista, undergraduate Student Association President
- Dolan Evanovich, Senior Vice President for Enrollment and the Student Experience
- Deborah Henretta, alumni representative
- Lawrence Kramer, University Trustee
- P. Raj, interim dean, Whitman School of Management
- Michael Tirico, University Trustee
- Kathleen Walters, University Trustee
A search firm will be retained to assist in filling this vital leadership post.