A new study away opportunity for student-athletes will be offered this year as a Maymester course in Los Angeles. The course, Networking and the Art of the Pitch, was developed by Rachel Dubrofsky, chair of communication and rhetorical studies (CRS)…
Blackstone LaunchPad Celebrates National Entrepreneurship Week
Syracuse University Libraries’ Blackstone LaunchPad is celebrating National Entrepreneurship Week Feb. 10-17, with events scheduled for the University and SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry communities.
Among the activities planned for the week:
The Blackstone LaunchPad Entrepreneurship Book Collection is a crowdsourced list of books on topics related to innovation and entrepreneurship. It includes both print and eBooks on the following topics: autobiographies and biographies; creativity; design; empowerment; funding patents and business law; history and economics; leadership and teams; marketing; social entrepreneurship; strategy and planning; and technology and data.
- On Feb. 12 at 9 a.m., Anthoni Pope and Jordan Davis of New York Life will present a workshop on “How to Create Generational Wealth for Small Businesses.”
- On February 13 at 9 a.m., alumni Luke Cooper, managing partner at Latimer Ventures, and Kevin Whittaker, chief legal and compliance officer at Ripcord, will present an “Ask Me Anything” workshop on “Venture Capital and Investor-Readiness.”
- On February 14 between 10 a.m. and 1 p.m., the LaunchPad is hosting a ‘Speed Dating’ event to match student venture opportunities with other students’ skills. This is an opportunity to meet staff and other LaunchPad students, learn about ventures and find potential business partners.
- On February 16 at 3 p.m., LaunchPad Innovator-in-Residence Sai Bolla ’23 will present a workshop in the LaunchPad on “Importance of Product Analytics to Stay Ahead of the Competition.”
- Resources and Toolkits are available to help entrepreneurs bring their ideas to life.
- One-on-one advisory sessions and alumni and peer mentors are available to consult with LaunchPad student entrepreneurs (it’s free to join) throughout their entrepreneurial journey.