Syracuse University’s Office of Institutional Research and Assessment (OIRA) was recently created through a merger of the Office of Institutional Research and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Assessment. The streamlined operation, located at 400 Ostrom Avenue, serves all members…
Sustainability Management Launches Logo Competition for ’Cuse Collections Campuswide Donation Event
Calling all students! Sustainability Management needs your help to create a new logo for the ’Cuse Collections donation event.
In spring 2023, an end-of-year donation event was hosted on South Campus, now known as ’Cuse Collections. Boxes were placed in the Goldstein Student Center to collect any unwanted clothing, bedding, food and small home appliances. Donations were picked up by local charities and food was taken to the South Campus food pantry, which is supported by Hendricks Chapel.
This year’s goal is to expand the program for spring of 2024. The program helps community members in need and keeps items out of the waste stream, limiting the amount of trash sent to a landfall and ultimately, helping to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. The aim is for ’Cuse Collections to have a lasting impact and become part of the Syracuse University culture. A logo will help students recall the event and recognize the program.
Any undergraduate or graduate student can submit a logo design. Please follow the criteria below when submitting. Designs that do not follow the criteria will be disqualified.
- The logo should say: ’Cuse Collection. Note the apostrophe before the “C” in “Cuse” should appear as a curved right single quote, facing away from the “C.”
- Otto may be used in the design so long as brand guidelines are maintained.
- The logo needs to be able to expand and minimize without losing clarity.
- File formats accepted include .eps, .png and .svg.
- Adhere to Syracuse University marketing guidelines (i.e., proper font, colors).
- Designs must be submitted via email to email@example.com.
- Only Syracuse University students may submit a design.
Submissions are due Thursday, Feb. 29, 2024. Sustainability Management and members of the Mary Ann Shaw Center will review submissions and choose the winning design. The winning designer will receive credit but will not own the logo. The winner will receive a sustainability gift box, including the University’s honey and other prizes. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.