Five faculty members have each received $10,000 New York State Council on the Arts (NYSCA) Individual Artist grants to carry out creative projects, including several that have a focus on public service in the arts. NYSCA also awarded a $40,000…
Advisory Committee Appointed for School of Information Studies Dean Search
Vice Chancellor, Provost and Chief Academic Officer Gretchen Ritter today announced the appointment of a search advisory committee tasked with selecting the next dean of the School of Information Studies (iSchool). David Seaman, dean of libraries and University librarian, has served as interim dean since May 2022.
The committee, composed of students, faculty, staff and members of the Board of Trustees, will be co-chaired by iSchool professors Megan Oakleaf and Carsten Østerlund.
Additional members of the search advisory committee include:
- Charis Asante-Agyei, graduate student, iSchool
- Jaime Banks, associate professor, iSchool
- Duncan Brown, vice president for research
- Renate Chancellor, associate professor, iSchool
- David Edelstein ’78, University Trustee
- Hamid Ekbia, University Professor and director, Autonomous Systems Policy Institute, Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
- LaVerne Gray, assistant professor, iSchool
- Christine Larsen G’84, University Trustee
- Roger Merrill, director of technology services and facilities
- Jeff Rubin, professor of practice, iSchool
- J. Cole Smith, dean, College of Engineering and Computer Science
- Jeff Stanton, professor, iSchool
- Marangelis Uben, junior, iSchool
- Bei Yu, professor, iSchool
“As a top school for data and information studies, known for producing leaders in the field, the iSchool is an integral part of the mission of Syracuse University,” Provost Ritter says. “I look forward to the work of the committee as they identify a talented leader to fill the important role of iSchool dean.”
The members will oversee an interview schedule, stakeholder meetings and all-school presentations by candidates. Management consulting firm Korn Ferry is assisting with the search. Nominations may be submitted via email to Syracuseemail@example.com.
The iSchool is nationally recognized for innovative programs in information policy, information behavior, information management, information systems, information technology, information services, data analytics and enterprise data systems