Orange Central is Syracuse University’s annual reunion and homecoming celebration, and this year’s festivities drew nearly 1,500 attendees from 48 states to campus to celebrate their love of Syracuse. The weekend featured reunion gatherings, the much-anticipated Alumni Awards Celebration, “Back…
Syracuse Police Remind Football Fans to Follow Parking Regulations at Home Opener Game
The Syracuse Police Department is reminding fans attending the home opener football game on Saturday at the JMA Wireless Dome to follow all on-street parking regulations.
Illegal parking during games creates serious public safety risks to the neighborhood and to people attending the events.
Syracuse Police Officers working JMA Dome traffic management, as well as dedicated parking checkers, will work around campus and in University neighborhoods after kickoff to enforce parking regulations:
- On city streets, vehicles that violate alternate side of the street parking requirements may be ticketed.
- In Thornden Park, Syracuse University will place traffic barrels where parking is not allowed. Vehicles parked illegally in the park may also be ticketed.
- Vehicles blocking driveways; using handicap parking without authorization; parking within 10 feet of a fire hydrant; or preventing passage of public safety equipment may be towed.
Fines for illegal parking are:
- Overtime at a meter: $40
- No parking zone: $40
- Blocking a fire hydrant: $75
- Unauthorized handicap parking: $130
Attendees are encouraged to use University parking and private facilities in the area when attending JMA Dome events. For information, visit the JMA Dome parking lot guide.