Enrollment and the Student Experience Announces New, Enhanced Structure
The Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience, which formed in December 2016 following the appointment of Senior Vice President for Enrollment and the Student Experience M. Dolan Evanovich, has completed its analysis and review of possible organizational structures for the new consolidated division. After thorough evaluation by divisional leadership, the division will implement a new, comprehensive structure to enhance the student experience.
“The Division of Enrollment and the Student Experience serves students throughout their entire lifecycle—from prospective student to current student to graduate. Working as one cohesive, connected team, this structure brings to life the innovative One University vision of an integrated model to make the student experience seamless,” says Chancellor Kent Syverud.
The new structure was designed to not only strengthen internal operations, but to align the division with the University’s vision, mission and Academic Strategic Plan. As such, the division will be organized into five priority areas:
- Enrollment: Manage the University’s recruitment and enrollment efforts, in collaboration with schools and colleges; provide prospective students and their families with the first introduction to the Syracuse University student experience; and ensure the doors of the University remain wide open for students of talent and promise across the socioeconomic spectrum.
- Student Experience: Provide the robust and distinct student life resources, support services and programs that enhance the on-campus and off-campus experience of students, from opportunities to get involved and become leaders, to the communities they live in, to being healthy and well.
- Student Success: Lead the division’s efforts in student retention, success and graduation by actively partnering with Academic Affairs to identify and address opportunities and challenges related to students’ persistence, degree completion and post-graduate success.
- Institutional Research and Assessment: Direct the collection, analysis, and reporting of data to make data-informed decisions that help enhance the student experience.
- Operations: Oversee the administrative and business functions of the division to enhance operational effectiveness and efficiency and improve processes and create systems to better meet the needs of students.
“This structure aligns our work in a way that supports the goals and themes outlined in the Academic Strategic Plan, as well as our efforts to attract, engage, retain and graduate the best student scholars from around the world and provide them with an unsurpassed student experience,” says Evanovich. “With a dedicated focus on student success, we also create new opportunities to strengthen the academic and student life partnership and further enhance the experience both inside and outside the classroom.”
In the coming weeks, the division will fill permanent leadership roles for the enrollment, student experience and student success teams.