Apply Now for Invent@SU Summer 2018
This summer, Invent@SU will return to transform undergraduate students into inventors as they design, prototype and pitch original devices. The immersive invention accelerators will be held on campus and at the Fisher Center in New York City. For the first time, the program is open to all SU undergraduate students.
Applications are now open at invent.syr.edu/apply.
Invent@SU, supported by Bill and Penny Allyn, follows a proven method of developing students’ abilities to innovate and communicate. Students will learn about design, ideation and intellectual property, then conceive an original invention, prototype the invention and refine it in response to weekly feedback from diverse audiences of guest evaluators.
In addition to a chance to win cash prizes of $5,000 for best invention and $3,000 for second best invention, students will receive:
- a $1,000 stipend;
- a $1,000 budget per team for project materials;
- guidance from expert consultants and evaluators;
- access to laser cutters, 3D printers, a machine shop and professional machinists;
- assistance with a provisional patent application; and
- daily lunch, coffee and snacks.