Invent@Su Info Sessions Nov. 13 & 14
Next summer, Invent@SU will return to transform undergraduate students into inventors as they design, prototype and pitch original devices. The immersive invention accelerators will be held on campus and at the Fisher Center in New York City. For the first time, the program is open to all SU undergraduate students.
Learn more about this exciting opportunity at one of the following general information sessions.
Monday, Nov. 13
- Noon-1 p.m., Global Entrepreneurship Week Kick-off, Blackstone Launchpad, 114 Bird Library
- 5:15-6:15 p.m., 369 Link Hall (Pizza will be served)
- 8-9 p.m., eClub, Lender Auditorium, Whitman School of Management
Tuesday, Nov. 14
- Noon-1 p.m., VPA Downtown, Warehouse Auditorium, Room 100A (Pizza will be served.)
- A collaboration between the College of Engineering & Computer Science and the College of Visual and Performing Arts‘ School of Design, and supported by Bill and Penny Allyn, Invent@SU follows a proven method of developing students’ abilities to innovate and communicate. Students will learn about design, ideation and intellectual property, then conceive an original invention, prototype the invention and refine it in response to weekly feedback from diverse audiences of guest evaluators. Check out last summer’s inventions at invent.syr.edu.Forty undergraduate students will be accepted into the program—20 for a cohort at the Fisher Center in New York City and 20 for a cohort on the SU campus. In addition to a chance to win up to $5,000, students will receive:
- A $1,000 stipend
- A $1,000 budget per team for project materials
- Guidance from expert consultants and evaluators
- Access to laser cutters, 3D printers, a machine shop and professional machinists
- Assistance with a provisional patent application
- Daily lunch, coffee and snacks