Due to work being done by National Grid, a portion of South Crouse Avenue from Waverly Avenue to Marshall Street will be temporarily closed to traffic Friday, Aug. 17. The closure will take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m….
Today Is the Day to Boost the ’Cuse!
Boost the ’Cuse, Syracuse University’s first-ever 24-hour giving day, takes place all day today. Alumni and friends of SU around the world are encouraged to make a gift to support the part of SU they love most.
The goal of Boost the ’Cuse is to inspire at least 1,870 alumni, parents, faculty, staff, friends and students to make a gift to SU. There are three ways to give:
- Give online at syr.edu.
- Call 443.1848 or answer your phone when a student calls.
- Visit the tables on campus on the Quad (10 a.m.‒6 p.m.),in the Schine Student Center (10 a.m.‒2 p.m.) and in Goldstein on South Campus (5‒8 p.m.).
The generosity of Syracuse University Life Trustee Daniel A. D’Aniello ’68 and his wife, Gayle, is the catalyst behind the launch of Boost the ’Cuse. The D’Aniello family has pledged $500,000 to match new or additional gifts.
Throughout Boost the ’Cuse, several challenges are geared toward inspiring donors to give back. Challenges will highlight units, regions, social sharing and more—all to channel additional dollars to the most vital areas, including scholarships, the Annual Fund and deans’ funds. Each challenge runs until its window closes. Challenge winners are based on the number of gifts given before the closing time. The money will be awarded to the winning unit’s highest priority fund (Annual Fund, Dean’s Fund, etc.).
The challenges include:
- First gift made on giving day—wins $4,444 (closes at 12:01 a.m.)
- Most international gifts—wins $5,000 (closes at 5 a.m.)
- Most gifts in the U.S. —wins $7,500 (closes at 7:30 a.m.)
- Most gifts ending in 44—wins $1,044 (closes at 9 a.m.)
- Lucky #BoostCuse post—wins $1,870 (closes at 11 a.m.)
- Most gifts made to The Fund for Syracuse—wins $10,000 (closes at 1 p.m.)
- Most faculty and staff gifts—wins $5,000 (closes at 2 p.m.)
- Most parent gifts—wins $5,000 (closes at 3 p.m.)
- Greatest social media reach—wins $1,870 (closes at 4:44 p.m.)
- Our Time Has Come Challenge—wins $5,000 (closes at 8 p.m.)
- Most Generation Orange gifts—wins $10,000 (closes at 10 p.m.)
- Most gifts—wins $10,000 (closes at 11:59 p.m.)
- Last gift—wins $4,400 (closes at 11:59 p.m.)
These additional challenges will run throughout the day:
- Every 44th donation—wins $500
- 1,000 donor mark—wins $1,000 for each unit
- 1,870 donor mark—wins $5,000 for each unit
- 1,870th gift—wins $1,870
- Invest Syracuse Challenge—wins $20,000
- General Scholarship Match Challenge—wins up to $115,000
- 100 percent Board participation—wins $5,000 for their unit
More information on the challenges can be found on the Boost the ’Cuse website.
Alumni Club Support
One of the largest gifts to Boost the ’Cuse will come from the Syracuse University Alumni Club of Southern California. The club is giving $100,000 in the form of an endowed scholarship honoring the life and legacy of Olive Hall ’43, G’48, Ph.D. The scholarship, the largest ever from an SU alumni club, will help SU-bound students from Southern California pursue their academic dreams.
Several other alumni clubs have pledged 100 percent participation from their respective boards of directors. Across the country, many clubs will be hosting day-of gatherings to celebrate alumni philanthropy. Details on those gatherings can be found on the Boost the ’Cuse website, under FAQs.
Don’t Miss a Minute!
All members of the Syracuse University community are invited to track progress throughout the day at mission.syr.edu. Additionally, a nine-foot rocket will be on the Quad during the day; stop by as we send Syracuse to new heights!