Due to work being done by National Grid, a portion of South Crouse Avenue from Waverly Avenue to Marshall Street will be temporarily closed to traffic Friday, Aug. 17. The closure will take place from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m….
Fall Qualtrics Workshops Announced
Syracuse University Libraries’ Research Data Services will offer a series of workshops on using the Qualtrics online survey software during the Fall 2017 semester. Taught by research data services librarian Paul Bern, these workshops will be delivered both in person and via the web. Because of space constraints, only Syracuse University students, faculty and staff may attend in person; anyone is welcome to participate via the web. You may attend any one or all workshops. The workshops are free and all participants must register.
All sessions will be held in 550 Bird Library from 3:30-4:30 p.m. Click on the title below to register for each class.
- Introduction to Qualtrics, Sept. 26: Explores the basics of Qualtrics, highlighting some of the more common tasks and options. Learn how to document and back up a survey.
- Basic Question Design, Oct. 3:Examines the different types of questions available in Qualtrics. Learn how and why to change the default values, labels and variable names, as well as how to do some basic question validation.
- Intermediate Question Design, Oct. 17: Learn how to use skip and display logic to direct what respondents see, as well as randomizing questions and possible responses.
- Advanced Question Design, Oct. 24: Learn to use “carry forward” to display selected responses in follow-up questions, use “piping” to display data in questions and response text, and create data calculated from two or more questions.
- Survey Flow, Oct. 31: Explore the many uses of Survey Flow—randomizing respondents, creating embedded data, customizing the end of your survey and more.
- Distributing Your Survey, Nov. 7: Discuss the various methods of getting your survey to your respondents, creating and using contact lists and, if time permits, asking for contact information in an anonymous survey.
- Reporting and Exporting Your Results, Nov. 14: Learn how to do some basic reporting in Qualtrics.
For more information, contact Research Data Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.