Student Veterans Organization Announces New Officers for 2017-18
The Student Veterans Organization at Syracuse University (SVO) announced the newly elected officers for the 2017-18 school year.
The slate of officers includes:
• President: Kierston Whaley (Pennellville, New York, U.S. Army)
• Vice President: Tyler Paul (Fresno, California, U.S. Marine Corps)
• Treasurer: Daniel Lewis (Hilton, New York, U.S. Marine Corps)
• Secretary: Katherine Quartaro (Rochester, New York, U.S. Marine Corps)
• Public Affairs Officer: Paul Honnick (Exton, Pennsylvania, U.S. Navy)
Incoming President Kierston Whaley says, “I am greatly humbled for the opportunity to serve as the SVO President. I have a legacy to continue and am grateful to my predecessors for being a role model to aspire to. Because of them, and with the support of the university and the rest of the board, I am confident this organization will continue to succeed.”
Outgoing President John Miccio says, “I am so grateful for the opportunity to lead such a great group of men and woman in this prestigious organization and I am confident my successor, Kierston Whaley, will only continue to help the SVO grow and succeed.”
The current 2016-17 officers will continue to serve until May 1, 2017.
The SVO provides a way for student veterans to get involved on campus and gives a sense of camaraderie to student veterans as they transition to academic life. The Student Veterans Organization is a place where a veteran can connect with people who have already had experience with the challenges they may encounter while transitioning to higher education.