Future of Radio, Digital Audio Platforms Is Topic of Annual Radio and Audio Summit
Media leaders and experts will discuss the future of radio and digital audio platforms at the Newhouse School’s annual Radio and Audio Summit Oct. 7 in New York City. Billboard is the media partner for the event.
The keynote speaker is Jarl Mohn, president and CEO of NPR. Mohn’s deep media experience has spanned all media platforms as well as rapid changes in audience trends. He spent almost 20 years in radio, and also served as a programmer, general manager and owner of a group of radio stations. He created E! Entertainment Television, and served as its president and CEO for almost a decade. He is the former executive vice president and general manager of MTV and VH1, and was founding president and CEO of Liberty Digital, a public company that invested in cable networks, the Internet and online businesses.
• Thea Mitchem, executive vice president of programming at iHeartMedia;
• Seth Farbman ’89, CMO of Spotify;
• Adam Curry, “The Podfather”;
• Andrew Moss ’91, senior vice president of business affairs and programming operations at Sirius XM; and
• Genevieve Sponsler, content and distribution coordinator at PRX.
Moderator is Sean Ross, “Ross on Radio” columnist for Billboard.
A podcast of the event will be available on the Newhouse website at http://newhouse.syr.edu in early November.
For more information, contact Ed Gorham at 315.443.4926 or firstname.lastname@example.org.