Chancellor Syverud Announces Director of Athletics Search Committee Members
Syracuse University Chancellor and President Kent Syverud today announced the members of the Search Committee for the University’s new Director of Athletics.
Chancellor Syverud will chair the committee, which includes student, faculty, staff, and Board of Trustees representatives. A new Director of Athletics, who reports to the Chancellor, is expected to be in place by the start of the fall semester.
“The future of Syracuse Athletics is brighter than it has ever been, both on the field and in the classroom,” says Chancellor Syverud. “The next Director of Athletics will be someone who can enhance our many existing strengths and has a strong vision that will bring us to new heights.”
The search committee members are:
- Kent Syverud, Chancellor (Chair)
- Dino Babers, head football coach
- Richard Burton, Falk Professor of Sport Management and faculty athletics representative
- Kimberly Keenan-Kirkpatrick, deputy athletics director and senior women’s administrator
- Robert Miron, University Trustee and Chair of the Board of Trustees’ Athletics Committee
- Brittney Sykes, women’s basketball student-athlete
“This search process will be both deliberate and expeditious,” says Chancellor Syverud. “Our unprecedented investment in new facilities and membership in one of the finest athletic and academic conferences makes this job one of the best in the nation. I am confident we will find the best person to lead Syracuse Athletics into the future. ”
The search committee’s goal is to select a final candidate and have a new Director of Athletics in place by the start of the 2016-17 academic year. The Chancellor will work with the committee to determine if the use of a search firm/consultant would benefit the search process.