Open Forum on the Search for New Provost
The Vice Chancellor and Provost Search Committee is hosting two open fora this week where members of the Syracuse University community can offer input on the academic, professional and personal credentials and qualities believed to be important for the next provost.
These two open fora will be held in Hendricks Chapel on:
- Monday, Sept. 21, from 4 to 5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 22, from noon to 1 p.m.
The search committee, comprised of University faculty, staff and students, is working to engage the University community in order to obtain input on the challenges envisioned for the next Vice Chancellor and Provost. This input will be used as the search plan and the position description for the position of Vice Chancellor and Provost are developed.
The search committee encourages every member of the Syracuse University community to participate and provide input. The search committee urges members of the University community to submit nominations for the position by no later than Oct. 15, 2015. In addition to the open fora, comments can be submitted to the search committee using the Syracuse University website and directly via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community members are urged to take a minute to read the questions below, which aim to help us think about the future of Syracuse University and the ways in which we can tangibly measure the success of a new Provost.
- In hiring a new Provost, what will be the fundamental differences at Syracuse University one year from now, three years from now and five years from now?
- Are there subjective or informal measures for determining the success of this individual?
- What organizational activities need to be sustained? Which ones enhanced? Which ones initiated?
If you have questions concerning the Vice Chancellor and Provost search process, please do not hesitate to submit your questions or comments to email@example.com.