New Extended-Hours Study Spaces Available
To meet the increased need for study space on campus during the final exam period, a coalition comprising the libraries, Academic Affairs, Student Centers and Programming Services, the Office of Residence Life, Auxiliary Services and the Department of Public Safety came together to identify possible locations and to make arrangements for those spaces to be kept open for extended hours at the end of the semester.
The group sought locations that were in close proximity to residence halls, that would seat 50-100 people and that were furnished appropriately. To ensure safety and security, Public Safety will provide increased monitoring of the spaces.
In addition to Bird Library, which normally operates on a 24-hour schedule, the following locations will be open additional hours through the end of exams:
- Carnegie Library Reading Room and Computer Cluster: open 24/7 beginning Dec. 5
- Goldstein Student Center, Skytop Road: open until 2:30 a.m.
- Haven Hall (former dining center): open 24/7
- Schine Student Center, Panasci Lounge: open until 2:30 a.m.
- Brockway Academic Activities Center: open 24/7 (BBB Complex residents only)
- Lawrinson Penthouse: open until midnight (Lawrinson Hall residents only)
- Sadler Hall, Room 117: 0pen until midnight (residents only)
The Schine Student Center will have hot beverages and donuts for students beginning at 11:30 p.m. each night. The Goldstein Student Center will extend Goldstein-to-go until 2:30 a.m. as well, with coffee available each night.