Help SU Beat Boston College, Save Lives in Annual Blood Drive Battle
SU students, faculty and staff will once again compete in the annual “Are you up for the challenge?: Give Blood” competition during the month of April, which is also blood drive month for the American Red Cross.
For the fifth year, the winner of the April Blood Battle will be determined by which school donates the most pints of blood as a percentage of college enrollment; however, this year the opposing school has changed. Since SU is now a member of the Atlantic Coast Conference, SU will be competing against Boston College, as opposed to UConn, in the first ever SU vs. Boston College Blood Battle. Last year, UConn just barely beat SU. This year, the winning school will also be awarded a trophy.
April’s SU vs. Boston College challenge, sponsored by the Red Cross and the Division of Student Affairs, will consist of multiple blood drives throughout the month. The competition began on April 2 with a drive in the Schine Student Center. All blood drives are open to the campus community and all presenting donors will receive a Red Cross ceramic tumbler.
To schedule an appointment to donate blood at the April drives, and help SU bring home the trophy, call 1-800-RED CROSS or visit redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor code BEATBC. More information can also be found on Facebook at American Red Cross Club of Syracuse University.
Remaining blood drives on campus:
- April 3: Brewster/Boland Hall 2-7 p.m.
- April 4: Day Hall 12:30-5:30 p.m.
- April 4: Sadler Hall noon-5 p.m.
- April 7: Watson Hall 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- April 9: Newhouse 1, Miron Room 11 a.m-4 p.m.
- April 9: SUNY ESF, Marshall Hall 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- April 10: SUNY ESF, Marshall Hall 10:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
- April 16: Schine Underground noon-5 p.m.
- April 22: Schine 304 ABC noon-5 p.m.
- April 23: Schine 304 ABC noon-5 p.m.
- April 24: Flint Hall noon-5 p.m.
For more information about the SU vs. BC Blood Battle and campus blood drives, contact Katie Stepanian, Red Cross Syracuse Account Manager, at 315-382-3579.
Not everyone is eligible or able to donate blood, and blood donation is not the only way to support this effort. If you are interested in volunteering, in lieu of donating blood, email Stepanian at email@example.com.