Syracuse University Counseling Center has named Heather Cosgrove, Ph.D., its new assistant director/training director. The position was developed as part of Invest Syracuse, a $100 million initiative designed to advance academic excellence and the student experience, and contributes to broader efforts…
Make Your Winter Break Sustainable
The Energy Systems and Sustainability Department is requesting all campus employees do the following before winter break:
• Turn off all office and personal equipment, such as computers, monitors, printers, copiers, televisions, etc.
• Unplug paper shredders, staplers and phone chargers.
• Put your fax machine in “sleep” mode.
• Unplug coffee machines, bottled water coolers, televisions and all other electronic equipment.
• Water or take home plants.
• Close and lock all windows.
• Turn off all office lights where possible, including decorative and task fixtures.
All of these efforts save energy and contribute to SU’s Climate Action Plan, the institutional blueprint for becoming carbon neutral.