2014 Senior Class Marshal application open
Applications are now being accepted for the Class of 2014 senior class marshals. The application deadline is Feb. 1. All current juniors who will be graduating in May 2014 are eligible to apply, and may be nominated by faculty, staff or classmates.
Coordinated by the Division of Student Affairs, Senior Class Marshals are some of the most committed and thoughtful students. They serve as the all-University student representatives for graduation. Marshals have the unique opportunity to participate in the following experiences:
- meeting with senior-level University administrators to share and offer feedback on the SU experience;
- engaging in exclusive networking opportunities with alumni and trustees;
- representing the 2014 class at special University-wide events;
- helping to select the 2014 Commencement speaker; and
- leading the entire Commencement procession at graduation.
Applicants should be distinguished individuals who have excelled during their time at Syracuse, exemplify the spirit of the senior class, understand and have experienced Scholarship in Action and exhibit excellent critical-thinking skills. The criteria used to determine qualified nominees include: scholarship, academic honors, student organization involvement, campus and community service and an essay soliciting the student’s suggestions for engaging the SU community in Scholarship in Action.
An online application form, the above-mentioned essay, nominations/recommendations from two SU faculty or staff and a copy of an official Syracuse University transcript are required and due by Feb. 1.
Contact the Office of Student Affairs at 443-9153 for more information.