Nominations being accepted for Mirror Awards for excellence in media industry reporting
The S.I. Newhouse School of Public Communications is accepting online nominations for the sixth annual Mirror Awards competition for excellence in media industry reporting. Enter now at http://mirrorawards.com. Deadline for entering is Feb. 10. Anyone can nominate, and there is no fee to enter. This year’s awards carry a cash prize.
The Mirror Awards are the most important awards for recognizing excellence in media industry reporting. Established by the Newhouse School in 2006, the awards honor the reporters, editors and teams of writers who hold a mirror to their own industry for the public’s benefit.
Award categories include:
- Best Single Article, Traditional/Legacy Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Single Article, Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Profile, Traditional/Legacy Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Profile, Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Commentary, Traditional/Legacy Media ($1,000 prize)
- Best Commentary, Digital Media ($1,000 prize)
- John M. Higgins Award for Best In-Depth/Enterprise Reporting ($5,000 prize)
Detailed submission guidelines for each award are available at http://mirrorawards.com.
The competition is open to anyone who conducts reporting, commentary or criticism of the media industries in a format intended for a mass audience. Eligible work includes print, broadcast and online editorial content focusing on the development or distribution of news and entertainment. All entries must have been published or broadcast between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31, 2011.
Entries are evaluated based on three criteria: excellence of craft; framing of the issue; and appropriateness for the intended audience. Winners are chosen by a group of journalists and journalism educators. An awards ceremony will be held in June 2012 in New York City.
For more information, contact Jean Brooks at 315-443-5711, or email@example.com or visit mirrorawards.com.