The University Conduct Board (UCB) is currently accepting undergraduate and graduate student applications for the 2018-19 University Conduct Board. The UCB has jurisdiction to hear and resolve cases involving students or student organizations charged with violating the Syracuse University Code…
SYRFILMFEST’11 calls for volunteers
SYRFILMFEST’11 is seeking dedicated and enthusiastic volunteers who want to contribute to the continued success of one of the leading international film festivals in the country. By becoming part of the festival team, you will network with other people, see films and play a valuable role in the festival organization.
From theater entrances to hospitality centers to special events, volunteers are everywhere at the festival. More than 200 volunteers dedicate their time to help make the festival a thriving environment for international film.
As a charitable, not-for-profit cultural organization, SYRFILMFEST has always depended on the generosity of a diverse team of volunteers. If you want to join a devoted group of fun-loving film enthusiasts, consider joining the SYRFILMFEST team.
Volunteers are the ambassadors of the organization. Your friendly service, patience and smiles will make the festival experience a warm, pleasant and memorable one for all of our guests. SYRFILMFEST uses volunteers in almost every area of the festival, from greeting filmmakers at the airport to data entry. We welcome your help in all areas, but our biggest need is at the venues. Volunteers at the venues do everything from printing tickets to managing crowds, selling merchandise and providing information. You are the face of the festival.
What you can expect as a volunteer:
• You will have a rewarding experience while being treated with courtesy and respect.
• Although you will work hard, you can expect to have fun.
• Volunteer shifts run approximately 4 hours.
• You’ll get a behind-the-scenes look at how a festival is run.
• You’ll work with a team of professionals that enjoys movies just as much as you do.
• You’ll make new friends and contacts.
• You’ll have the opportunity to view lots of films.
What we expect from volunteers:
• We expect you to arrive for your scheduled shift on time, dressed appropriately, and ready to work.
• We expect you to abide by our rules of conduct both on- and off-duty. Remember, you officially represent the festival.
• We expect you to become familiar with the information in the Festival Film Guide.
• We expect you to treat everyone with respect and friendliness. A smile can often make someone’s day.
• If you are unable to make a shift or are running late to a shift, we expect you to contact the volunteer coordinator immediately so we may ensure the festival runs smoothly.
• We expect you to work to your fullest capacity, but allow yourself time to enjoy the festival.
SYRFILMFEST’11 will host two volunteer orientation meetings in August/September 2011, once we have had an opportunity to review all volunteer applications.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the SYRFILMFEST’11 team, please complete the volunteer application on our website, http://syrfilmfest.com/volunteer/application
OR email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Thank you in advance for your invaluable contribution of time, talent and energy.