What catches your eye on the Syracuse University campus—a beautiful shot of campus, a cool project or time spent on the Shaw Quad? Take a photo and share it with us. We select photos from a variety of sources. Submit…
Nominations currently being accepted for 2010 Women of Distinction Awards
Nominations are currently sought for Syracuse University’s 2010 Women of Distinction Awards.
The awards will be given in three categories: faculty/staff, student (undergraduate and graduate) and community member (The Francis McMillian Parks Award).
Nominations, in 500 words or less, should demonstrate the nominee’s outstanding achievements in areas including, but not limited to, leadership, academics, service/social justice and efforts within their chosen or anticipated profession. Examples include:
• demonstration of outstanding leadership with an organization, community or classroom;
• accomplishments or leadership roles within her future or current profession;
• academic achievements inside or outside the classroom;
• participation in or initiation of innovative efforts or programs intended to promote enhancement of self or others, specifically women;
• service or social justice efforts within or beyond the Syracuse University/SUNY-ESF community; and
• promotion and involvement in collaborative initiatives.
In addition, each application should include a resume (not necessary if the nominee does not know about the application) and supporting materials such as articles, programs, etc. that clearly showcase an individual and/or their efforts.
Awards will be determined by a committee consisting of SU faculty, staff and students who will consider each member’s recommendations to select the final award recipients.
The deadline for applications is Friday, Feb. 12, at 3 p.m. The nomination form can be accessed online at http://studentlife.syr.edu/events/womensleadership.aspx. The nominator’s name, the name of the nominee and the nomination category should be included on the nomination form. Summaries should be no longer than 500 words, typed and double spaced (excluding resumes). Videos should not be submitted. All materials should be submitted to Michelle Singletary, Office of Residence Life, 111 Waverly Ave, Suite 200, or to email@example.com.
The awards ceremony will take place on Wednesday, March 10, at 3 p.m. in Goldstein Auditorium in the Hildegarde and J. Myer Schine Student Center. The program will feature keynote speaker Janet Eilber, artistic director of the Martha Graham Dance Company