Golden Key International Honour Society welcomes U.S. graduate, professional students
Golden Key International Honour Society welcomes U.S. graduate, professional studentsSeptember 26, 2007SU News ServicesSUnews@syr.edu
Golden Key International Honour Society invites graduate and professional students of all disciplines to join.
Since its inception in 1977, the society has chartered chapters at colleges and universities in Australia, Canada, Malaysia, New Zealand, South Africa, the United Arab Emirates and the United States. With more than 350 chapters worldwide and more than 1.7 million members, Golden Key is committed to the recognition, encouragement and promotion of scholastic excellence.
To better fulfill its mission, the society has expanded membership in the United States to include students at the graduate and professional level. A successful pilot program at the University of Louisville in 2006 illustrated clearly that graduate and professional students are an underserved population and that Golden Key’s membership benefits, scholarships and awards are also relevant to those who have made the choice to continue their education to graduate studies and beyond.
A recent report by the Association of College Honor Societies concludes that no other collegiate honor society provides more tangible benefits to its members than Golden Key. Golden Key’s benefits and services include:
- academic recognition
- more than $400,000 awarded annually in scholarships
- unique access to internships and full-time positions
- extensive career benefits through Golden Key’s online job board
- personal and professional development
- leadership development and community service opportunities
- networking with members at more than 350 colleges and university worldwide
- award-winning member-only publications
- member discounts and post-graduate benefits
Members set their own contact preferences and are only sent those opportunities they elect to receive.