University announces new MyMail student e-mail system
University announces new MyMail student e-mail systemJanuary 13, 2006Judy Holmesjlholmes@syr.edu
More than 1,000 Syracuse University students have discovered MyMail, the University’s new Web-based e-mail system that will eventually replace OrangeMail. MyMail is now available for everyone who uses OrangeMail. Students are encouraged to migrate from OrangeMail to MyMail as early in the spring semester as possible. Further information is available on the Information Technology and Services/ Computing and Media Services (ITS/CMS)website at http://cms.syr.edu/email/mymail.
“MyMail has many new and exciting features that are not available in OrangeMail,” says June Quackenbush, manager of ITS/CMS Student Computing Services. “Students who have made the switch say MyMail is fun and easy to use.”
Some of the features available in MyMail are:
- Students can customize their MyMail home page to become their personal portal to their favorite websites. The home page includes a direct link to Google.
- The MyMail calendar can be customized to import activities listed on the SU Events Calendar.
- Students can customize MyMail to block e-mail from specific addresses and not be delivered to their inboxes.
- MyMail includes 11 color schemes that enable students to customize the way their mailboxes appear on the computer screen.
- Students can customize MyMail so that it “fetches” mail from their Gmail accounts.
The MyMail login page is located at http://mymail.syr.edu. When users switchto MyMail from OrangeMail, all of the e-mail that is in their OrangeMail account and all of the contacts in their OrangeMail address book will be moved to their new MyMail account during the setup process. After switching to MyMail, clients will no longer be able to use OrangeMail.
Questions: Call ITS/CMS at 443-2677 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.