Syracuse University to present second installment in forum series on terrorism on Oct. 18
Syracuse University to present second installment in forum series on terrorism on Oct. 18October 12, 2001Kelly Homan Rodoskikahoman@syr.edu
Syracuse University will continue its University-wide series of educational forums dealing with the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and the emerging global crisis. The next installment of The University Forum: The Global Response to Terrorism will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Oct. 18 in Studio A of Newhouse II. Those attending should use the Waverly Avenue entrance.
The topic for the forum is “The United States and the Muslim World: How We See Each Other.” Panelists will include David Shomar, manager of Shomar Enterprises; and Stan Linhorst, managing editor of the Syracuse Newspapers and a member of the School of Information Studies Visitor’s Board. The moderator for the forum is Jill Hurst, an instructor in the School of Information Studies.
A question-and-answer session will follow the forum, which is open to members of the University community and to the general public.
Five more forums will be held on Thursday evenings throughout October and November. All forums will be held from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. in Studio A of Newhouse II. Subsequent forums include:
- Oct. 25 — “United States Foreign Policy in the Middle East: Is This The Key to Peace?”;
- Nov. 1 —“A Primer on Biological Terrorism”;
- Nov. 8 — “Protecting Both Civil Liberties and National Security: Striking a Balance”;
- Nov. 15 — “Access to Information in Wartime: The Performance to Date of the News Media, the President and the Military”; and
- Nov. 29 — “Winning and Losing the War on Terrorism: Where We Stand Today.”